So, you have a dream. It is BIG! You can feel it deep in your gut. It gnaws at you like an obsession. When you think about it your heart beats stronger. It feels like it might just be a divine calling, it is so big.
You have a dream so big that you know it will dramatically change your life as well as the lives of thousands of others.
You get a notebook and start writing down ideas, but after about five, maybe ten Items you get stuck. Now you draw a blank on what to do next.
Ok, let us get motivated. You pull up YouTube on your phone, tablet, or computer and you type in motivation. You find Tony Robbins, Les Brown, Tom Bilyeu. Now you feel pumped.
Every morning you wake up feeling energized, but when you pull out your notes, you still feel stuck. You listen to more motivation and maybe have the inspiration to join a group of people who are doing what you want to do, and you sign up for a couple of free courses.
You see good advice, great posts, interesting Facebook live talks. But when you want to take your first step you are not really sure how to go about it.
You are stuck in the motivation loop. Kind of like a Groundhog Day movie scenario. I know because I have been there on ore than just one occasion.
I will give you some simple steps to help get you unstuck.
- Take a first step, any step, just do it. No matter how scary it is. You will never reach your dream through inaction.
As you out your foot onto the first step you will see another step appear after it, and then another, then another. But you must step out and put your foot on the first step to begin this momentum.
- Do not tell everyone your dream until it is more solid. Everyone around you will be ready to tell you why it will not work. Why it is not a good idea, and how many ways you can fail. Those closest to you are often the most negative when it comes to a big dream. This is for two reasons. A) They do not want to see you hurt or disappointed. B) When you are working toward a dream it holds up the reflection of the dream they are not following.
- Be okay with failing. It will happen. Winston Churchill said, “Success is going from Failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”
You will experience failures, but when you pick yourself up you will find yourself in a new place, a better place to take that next step.
Les Brown says, “Most people fail in life not because they took aim to high and missed, but because they aimed too low and hit it.”
“If you fall be sure to land on your back. That way you are already looking up so you can get up.”
- Surround yourself with the people who will help you reach higher more often?
We are the culmination of the five people closest to you. Who do you surround yourself with most often? If you want to be wealthy, yet all of your friends are broke, chances are you will also be broke. If you want to be successful, then surround yourself with people who also desire and have become successful. If you are the most interesting, or smartest person I the room, you are in the wrong room.
Get yourself in with people who are positive, motivated, intelligent and dream big. You will then work harder and stretch further.
- Create a vision and believe in it. Even when no one else does.
When you think something often enough it becomes a belief. You must believe in that you want to achieve. If you want something in your life then act like, talk like, walk like that is already your reality.
When you have faith in your dream it can become your reality. Faith is believing in something not yet seen.
- Invest in yourself. Get a coach. Every great athlete, actor, musician has a coach to help them plan, grow, stay on course and to be accountable too. When you Invest in yourself you will work harder and value what you learn that much more. Trying to go the course alone is like walking through a forest in pitch darkness. You are going to stumble considerably before you can find the path. A coach will hold the light for you so you can see the trail much more clearly.
If you are not willing to invest in yourself, you are not fully committed to your dream. If you do not have a coach, you may find the path, by struggling along, but your journey will take much longer and you will fall more often.
You have a dream so big it feels like an obsession. So you know you are in the 10% range of most people. But to succeed at a dream you are in the 1%. That percent that will not give up no matter have challenging the task is. They are the ones who push through the pain of the unknown. You must have grit and you must be hungry.
Step out of the motivation loop and:
- Take the first step;
- Do not let others negativity bring you down;
- Be okay with failing, at least you are failing up;
- Find the people who will encourage you upward and forward:
- Create a vision of your future and believe strongly in it, and:
- Invest in yourself and your dream.
I live by my big dreams. I follow these steps religiously. I now work with others who are ready to have an amazing life, not just an ordinary life.
If you are ready to take your first step, I am standing with you with my hand out and a lantern to light the path.
Let us have free strategy call.
But first, I ask three things. I have three requirements.
- You must be committed to your your dream and the process of getting there.
- You must have the time to devote to work with me.
- You must be willing to invest in yourself.
This is not a free coaching call. This is a free, Limited time offer for a 30-minute strategy call to see where you are, where you want to be and if we are a good fit to work together.
Click the link below to schedule your free 30-minute strategy call with me.