As a global community we are facing a pandemic, which is spreading. How do we maintain our balance and our joy as people are getting sick, people are panicking, the stock market is dropping and business are losing profits?
It is so easy to get swept away by the upset, media and panic that is sweeping the globe. It is almost impossible to not hear the news or come across it on your devises. it is almost all anyone is talking about.
How can you maintain your joy? I’ll use my favorite quote from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. DON’T PANIC. And try a good dose of common sense. The actions being suggested by the CDC are the same as any cold and flu season.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Clean surfaces and commonly handled items (Remotes, cell phones, door handles etc.)
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, and properly dispose of tissues.
- If you have a fever stay home until you are fever free (Without medications) for 24 hours.
- Avoid travel to heavily affected areas.
When you focus on what is or what you do not want, you will see more off it. You can easily lose sight of looking forward and to the bright future that is ahead of you.
Life is always changing, expanding and growing into something new. Are you going to create a reality of what you desire, or are you going to get stuck in the fear and panic that surrounds you?
I remind myself that “Everything always works out for me”. I trust in God, the guidance of my spirit, and the feeling of strength and vitality within. I use the same common sense I use every cold and flu season.
Now, I have suggestions on maintaining your peace and joy.
- Meditate 15-20 minutes every day.
- Listen to your inner guidance, instincts and intuitions.
- Appreciate the life all around you.
- Spend time in nature.
- Get fresh air.
- Eat healthy.
- Realize this, as in all things, is temporary.
- Turn off the news and turn on some music.
- Realize with change comes new opportunities.
- Revel in your wholeness.
Ground your thoughts. Do not immerse yourself in the conversations of others that do not feel good to you. So many people focus on negative topics, those of confusion, fear and blame. Just don’t be a part of it.
We wish to be people who lift up others and shine light in their world. We wish for clarity of thought and purpose. As you take steps to protect your body and your family from the spreading virus also take steps to protect your joy, or optimism, and your connection to spirit.
Love & Blessings
Ashley J Spurgeon